Want to know the cost?
Successful businesses are ones who manage their assets to achieve a desired operational performance and profitability. ISO 55001 provides a framework for an asset management system that assists businesses with proactively managing the lifecycle of assets from acquisition to decommissioning. Managing the risks and costs associated with assets and maintaining a beneficial balance between input invested in assets and output achieved for your business can be easily managed with an asset management system.
ISO 55001 is an internationally recognised standard for achieving an integrated management system for asset management.
Having grown out of PAS 55, ISO 55001 is being widely adopted in utilities, transport, mining, process and manufacturing industries worldwide. ISO 55001 is the blueprint for any organisation focused on management and control of assets and in maximizing their value.
What does ISO 55001 cover?
ISO 55001 applies to all assets, whether physical, financial, human or intangible, in both the public and private sectors. It is applicable to any type of organisation, large or small, and within in any business sector.
What are the benefits of ISO 55001?
- Establishing a proactive life-cycle asset management system to realise the value of an organisation’s assets.
- Manages risks and improves performance through informed decision making, associated with ownership of assets.
- Establishes assurance for customers and regulators – where assets play a key role in the provision and quality of products and services.
- Gives confidence to stakeholders through the knowledge that a strategy is in place to ensure assets meet the necessary safety and performance requirements.
- Supports international business development – good asset management is critical for delivering products and services.
- Demonstrates social responsibility and commitment to the specific culture of the business, building a sense of pride and ownership among employees.