Modern business operates in markets characterised by a growing awareness of wider sustainable development issues, such as prevention of pollution and corresponding impacts on environment including reduction of biodiversity, employee Safety and Occupational Health and its prevention including identifying, planning and establishing systems that directly affect the quality of product or service, and ensure that these processes are carried out under controlled conditions both effectively and efficiently.
The benefits of this approach include:
- Reduced disruption that audits can inevitably cause
- Cost effective audit planning
- Combined audit reporting
- Recognition of all of your achievements.
What is Integrated Management Systems?
“Integrated Management System: A single management system managing multiple aspects of organizational performance to meet the requirements of more than one management standard, at a given level of integration (1.3). A management system may range from a combined system adding separate management systems for each set of audit criteria/standard, to an Integrated Management System, sharing in single system documentation, management system elements, and responsibilities.” “Level of Integration: The level to which an organization uses one single management system to manage multiple aspects of organizational performance to meet the requirements of more than one management system standard. Integration relates to the management system being able to integrate documentation, appropriate management system elements and responsibilities in relation to two or more sets of audit criteria/standards.”
Why IMS Certification is Important?
Create one, unified system to manage the activities of the organisation and ensure:
- Alignment of the key aspects of managing the business
- That quality, environmental, health & safety, security, and other requirements are not treated as something separate from operations
- That these activities are how the business operates, rather than something over and above the operation of the business
Benefits of an IMS Certifications
- One MS to build, operate, maintain
- Creates consistency across the organisation
- Easy to understand
- Simplifies training
- Simplifies implementation
- Simplifies maintenance
- Savings of time & effort
- Reduced duplication
- Simplifies Internal Audits
- Simplifies External Audits
- Reduces External Audit fees