Want to know the cost?
The management of energy doesn’t just come down to software. It is evident that costs to organisations can be reduced by monitoring resources and tackling climate change. As such, energy management systems are essential for improving the quality and environmental management of an organisation. By implementing an energy management system, you will be able to measure the results which in turn will lead to continual improvement of your energy management system.
ISO 50001:2011 is presently the world’s leading energy management system, which operates in many companies internationally. It can be applied to an organisation of any size and provides requirements for establishing, managing and improving energy consumption and efficiency. Further ISO 50001:2011 is also compatible with other recognised management systems, such as ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
The ISO 50001 standard aims to:
- Assist organisations in improving energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
- Create transparency and facilitate communication on the management of energy resources.
- Promote energy management best practices and behaviours.
- Assist facilities in evaluating and prioritising the implementation of new energy-efficient technologies.
- Provide a framework for promoting energy efficiency throughout the supply chain.
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects.
- Allow integration with other organisational management systems such as environmental, and health and safety.
Why certify to ISO 5000?
Certifying your energy management system to the ISO 50001 standard may benefit your organisation in many ways. A certified management system confirms that you are working structured and strategically to reduce the organisation’s environmental footprint, and that you are committed to further improvement of environmental management.
Certification to the standard can contribute to:
- Improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, use and energy consumption.
- Reducing environmental impact, including greenhouse gas emissions without affecting operations and simultaneously increasing profitability.
- Continual improvement of the energy management systems.
- Ensuring measurement, documentation, reporting and benchmarking of energy consumption.
- Credible market communication about energy performance efforts.
How can we help you?
DNV GL - Business Assurance is an accredited third party certification body. We provide relevant training and certification services for your energy management system worldwide. As in all management system standards, successful implementation depends on commitment from all levels and functions of the organisation.