Due to the instruction of new standards for ISO 27001, it has become mandatory for all organisations following this standard to upgrade to the latest version.
The internal auditor is an essential role in reporting to senior management on how the information security management system (ISMS) is performing. The most significant role of the internal auditor is to monitor the organisation and ensure proper maintenance of the implement ISMS.
Our course has been designed to make you understand the purpose of a quality management system, of information security management systems standards and the business benefits of improved quality performance in information technology.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is recommended for those who wish to perform internal audits and / or are preparing to become an auditor of Information Security Management Systems.
Benefits of Undertaking This Course:
Our ISO 27001 internal auditor training course provides the following benefits:
- Introduction to information security and its implications
- Understand the purpose and requirements of ISO 27001
- Get familiar with the communication process associated with ISMS
- Understand the role of information security management systems in improving the security of an organisation
- Identify risks with the use of proper risk assessment methods.
- Understand the significance and purpose of a management briefing, especially in the context of ensuring information security in an organisation.
- Adopt a risk-based thinking process for better risk identification
- Understand the correct application of the globally accepted audit protocols
- Get equipped with the knowledge and skills to plan and execute internal audits independently.
- Facilitate value added auditing and reporting to assist the enhancement of system performance.
This course can be completed in 16 hours (spread across 2 days).