Aviation is experiencing rapid change and facing significant challenges. Traffic has been growing, straining the infrastructure and raising environmental concerns. Competition is fierce, creating pressures to reduce costs. Aviation is complex and highly-integrated, making innovation uniquely challenging.
DNV GL supports innovation in the aviation industry through safety studies. DNV GL has a high level of technical expertise in the field of risk assessment for airports and air traffic management.
Our experience includes:Airport safety studies:
- Assessment of safety impacts of measures to increase capacity
- Hazard identification and risk-based design of airport safety systems
- Third-party risk analysis for public safety zoning
- Risk assessment of ground services and aircraft fuelling
- Risk assessment for fuel farm relocation studies
- Airport safety cases.
- Collision risk analysis for route design
- Safety and impact analysis for airspace changes
- Navigation system safety assessments and safety arguments
- Wake vortex safety assessments
- Updating of target levels of safety.
One of DNV GL’s contributions to aviation safety was an integrated risk picture, which illustrates and quantifies the causes of accident risk for commercial air traffic. This helps promote a consistent approach to managing different aviation risks, and focuses safety developments on areas where the greatest benefits can be obtained.
What you get
- Industry-leading expertise in aviation risk assessment
- Qualitative hazard identification and quantitative risk assessment (QRA appraoches
- Focus on practical risk-based studies.