GLOBALG.A.P. IFA – Aquaculture
Food safety, as well as environmental protection, starts with primary production. GLOBALG.A.P. IFA – Aquaculture is the globally recognised standard specifically designed for aquaculture.
What is the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Aquaculture standard?
GLOBALG.A.P. IFA – Aquaculture is the globally recognized pre-farm gate standard for ensuring the safety of a final product in the primary production sector as well as sustainability of farming activities. The standard is used to manage and communicate Good Agricultural Practices between professional partners in a value chain.
The GLOBALG.A.P. IFA – Aquaculture standard focuses on:
- Farmers’ and consumers’ safety and wellness
- Traceability of products and production records
- Minimization of chemicals and medicinal inputs
- Animal welfare
- Efficient resources utilization
- Environmental awareness
- Compliance to local and international regulations
Why certify to the GLOBALG.A.P. IFA – Aquaculture standard?
Certification will give farmers several benefits:
- Better and easier access to the market
- Clear agreements and dialogue with retailers
- More opportunities for fair competition
- Possible increase in quality and quantity
- Possible reduction of long-term production costs
- More effective management of production processes and legal issues
- Higher commitment for improvement
DNV GL - Business Assurance is third party certification body. We provide relevant training and certification services.