Overview of Scheme:
The NSW Disability Service Standards (NSWDSS) are funded by ADHC – service providers in NSW need to be Third Party Verified against in order to continue to receive funding from the Australian Government.
ISC- A DNV GL Company is on the approved panel of Independent Review Bodies (IRB’S) to carry out this program on behalf of ADHC and NDS. The NSW Disability Service Standards (NSW DSS), align with the endorsed National Standards for Disability Services. The standards reflect contemporary practices that place people with disability at the centre of decision making and choice about their supports and services. These standards now form the basis of ADHC’s quality reform requirements under the new funding agreement.
Therefore, if organisations meet the requirements of the NSW DSS standards then they are also meeting the requirements of the National Standards. Service providers were required to complete a Third Party Verification (TVP) audit to these standards before 30th Jun 2015.
This would typically be completed using a two stage approach including a Gap Assessment and a TVP assessment. All service will need to have a quality management system in place and have completed a self-assessment against the standards.
NDS are currently mediating the program between the service providers and the Third Party Independent Review Bodies. NDS are also advising and giving guidance as to the subsidy/Grant arrangements.
Our Value & Experience
- We are one of the few Certification Bodies approved to be on the IRB panel of providers to offer reviews to these standards
- We are one of the few Certification Bodies accredited to provide all Human Services programs
- ISC – A DNV GL Company has a wide resource of qualified assessors and consumer technical experts nationwide all having extensive experience within the Human Services sector
- We respect the right of all consumers, carers, advocates and family to participate in the audit process with prior consent and would like to ensure that the participation in this process is at all times voluntary
- We offer a unique centred based approach to reviews as well as client management
Independent review allows suggestions for continuous improvement and quality service provision Minimises duplications with other accountability and performance arrangements Remains consistent with National Disability Services Quality Framework.
Key Principles of Human Services Certification:
- A Customer Focus
- Business Leadership: Helping you and your business
- Involvement of People
- Process Approach
- System Approach to Management
- Continual Improvement
- Factual Approach to Decision Making
- Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationship