Setting and maintaining minimum standards for clinics or centres offering Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), and to encourage continuous improvement in the quality of care offered to people accessing fertility treatments.
RTAC’s Code of Practice for Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) units is essential compliance for all ART organisations in Australia and New Zealand. The initial code of practice was developed in 1986 when the Fertility of Australia first produced a series of standards for ART units. It has undergone numerous revisions, allowing it to keep pace with a rapidly changing scientific, ethical and legislative environment. The most recent revision was published in August 2015.
An International Edition, published in March 2014, facilitates the application of the code in countries outside Australia and New Zealand.
DNV GL holds a leading position in the Assisted Reproductive Technology sector. We are pleased to be able to offer a single lead auditor who is an RTAC technical expert, thus delivering significant audit time and cost savings to our clients.
Management systems standards are easily aligned to enable organisations to truly integrate their systems for ease of operations and cost effectiveness – these Management Systems include:
The key principles of RTAC Certification include:
Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
· Access to competent personnel
· Management of complaints and adverse events
· Identification and traceability
· Drug administration
· Minimisation of multiple pregnancy and ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
· Emergency care, and data monitoring
· Requirements for counselling of donors, recipients and surrogates
There are also requirements relating to the issue of certificates and recording of accredited organisations on a publicly available database.
DNV GL Offers RTAC Certification for the Following ART organisations:
- Groups of practitioners
- Independent practitioners
Benefits To Your Business
- Compliance with and certification to the RTAC code of practice promotes best practice for people accessing fertility treatment and continuous improvement in fertility services
- Compliance with relevant legislation and regulations in the country of operation
- Compliance with and certification to the RTAC code of practice is mandatory for organisations involved in the treatment of patients using Assisted Reproductive Technologies in Australia and New Zealand
Who Recognises This Certification?
DNV GL is accredited by JAZ-ANZ. All certification awarded by DNV GL is recognised internationally by signatories of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) Multi-Lateral Agreement.
For more information on Fertility Society of Australia - RTAC
- DNV GL holds a leading position in the Assisted Reproductive Technology sector offering clients a single lead auditor who is an RTAC technical expert, delivering significant audit time and cost savings to our clients
- DNV GL has a wide resource of qualified auditors nationwide with extensive experience in the Assisted Reproductive Technology, Medical, Surgical, and Clinical Sectors
- Other standards such as Quality (ISO 9001:2008), organisations to truly integrate their management systems for ease of operations and cost effectiveness
- JAS-ANZ Accredited and Recognised Certification Audits
- Experience and Expertise
- Process Driven and Outcome Based
- Customer Focused
- Feedback to Auditors and Staff implemented
- Approachable and flexible team –‘you call, we answer’
- National /International Reach
- Performance Minded
- Gap Assessment