Structural analysis of ships – smart simulations
Senior Risk Engineer
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
We expertly simulate and assess stress and strain to achieve a reliable, weight-efficient design for your ship.
To identify potentially critical areas of a ship’s design, we simulate and evaluate the loads and resulting stress flows through the hull structure. Highly stressed areas are assessed for risk of permanent deflection and buckling failure. Details within areas of pronounced stress concentration and exposed to large dynamic stresses are checked for sufficient fatigue life.
Contrary to conventional design methods, our simulation-driven design approach enables us to consider individual hull forms and operational profiles, and to verify novel designs for which no experience exists.
We have over 30 years of experience in assessing the structural integrity of ships with first principle methods. Our engineers work across disciplines and are fluent in the applicable rules and guidelines, enabling us to assist you in interpreting rules or transferring them to new applications.
Continuous feedback from our Fleet in Service department provides us with input for fine-tuning our methods against real-life situations and provide a better understanding of your requirements.
Obtain maximum reliability for your ships with a structural analysis from DNV GL:
- Robust and weight-efficient structural design, considering global strength, fatigue assessment, wave loads, etc.
- Enhanced safety against overstressing, fatigue cracks and buckling failure
- Less risk of downtimes and repairs
- Reports ready for submission at plan approval
- Design verification by one of the world’s leading service providers
- Tailor-made, for all ship types: Container, cruise, RoPax, heavy lift, tankers, bulkers, LNG/LPG, naval, HSC and more