Transport safety studies
DNV GL provides safety and risk assessment services for multi-modal transport of people and dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods transport by road, rail, pipeline, air, inland waterways and sea
- Public transport by aircraft, ferry, cruise vessel, river boat, bus, train, light rail and underground
- Transport of workers by aircraft, helicopter, coach and crew-boat
- Transfer from shore to ship, from crew-boat to wind turbine, from helicopter to offshore installation, from train to platform etc.
- Cross-modal interactions at railway level crossings, motorway bridges, pipeline excavations, aircraft refuelling etc.
We can draw on DNV GL expertise from oil & gas, maritime, railway, aviation, business and energy sectors. We conduct appropriate safety services such as:
- Hazard identification workshops
- Safety audits
- Accident frequency analysis
- Quantitative risk assessment (QRA)
- Development of transport risk criteria
- Safety case development.
- Consultancy and software-based solutions
- Access to industry-leading expertise
- Inter-modal risk comparisons
- Cost-effective risk mitigation strategies.