Accident & Incident Investigation Training
Whilst accidents and incidents do occur, businesses often fail to see them as opportunities to minimise risk and maximise the potential benefit through investigation
BackgroundAccidents and incidents represent a real risk to business. However, whilst accidents and incidents occur, businesses often fail to see them as opportunities to minimise risk and maximise the potential benefit that can be obtained through thorough investigation. This course presents a comprehensive approach to establishing an organised investigation program.
Strong emphasis is placed on the systematic analysis of all possible causes of accidents and incidents, the aim being to prevent needless recurrence and avoid additional and possibly even worse loss. The course covers all areas of investigator training and is structured for safety professionals, prospective members of investigation teams and managers responsible for investigations.
ObjectivesThe course aims to:
- Aid investigation pre-planning team selections and investigation tools
- Highlight techniques and use of photography, sketching and mapping
- Facilitate effective witness interviewing
- Assist with analysis of damaged parts and accident restructuring
- Explore the human factors in accident situations through analysis of casual factors
- Acquaint participants with investigation methods used in successful programmes
- Show participants how to apply these methods to their own investigations
- Course delivered through extensive involvement in practical workshops, lectures, delegate interaction, open discussion. Delegates are encouraged to share their knowledge and experience.
- DNV Auditors actively working in the field are your trainers, bringing their practical knowledge to the course
- Course includes daytime refreshments, lunch, course notes and training certificate
- Special arrangements can be made for delivery at your organisations own premises